• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neglected bookkeeping?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

justacog

What is the name of your state? Tx
The owners of this business often leave daily credit card receipts, register information (nightly report of income etc) in the store for more than a week at a time. is this legal?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

justacog said:
What is the name of your state? Tx
The owners of this business often leave daily credit card receipts, register information (nightly report of income etc) in the store for more than a week at a time. is this legal?

My response:

No, it's extremely illegal. The store owners are violating the "Store Receipts and Credit Card Receipts Left In The Store Act", 28 USCA section 2839. Call the FBI, and have them arrested.

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

And If they are left in the store for longer than 7 days, you have the right to seize them and use the numbers affixed therein for your own purposes...

It's called the Felons with Feloneous Access Act...

LMAO at IAAL and hexeliebe! :D

Ummm...no, it's not illegal. I know that lots of businesses do this. They store them for a certain amount of time for tax purposes and what better place to store them then in the business itself???

J

justacog

this IS a question forum

If I had KNOWN the answer to my question ALREADY, it wouldn't have been asked. It's pretty weak to make fun of a question about something most people don't fully understand.

H

hexeliebe

When you ask a stupid question you receive stupid replies....

Deal with it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">