• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nevada non profit vs Oregon non profit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cleanairsteward

Oregon

I am creating a not for profit organization. My project is an alternative fuel truck stop to directly address the particulates and emissions emitted by long and short haulers that travel on the I-5 corridor through our valley in southern Oregon. My question concerns the creation of a 501c (3). I am working with a Grant writing corp in Nevada to obtain private and corporate grants to move my project forward. They want me to allow them to create this entity in the state of Nevada for legal reasons that as of yet have not been outlined. I work with a group of attorneys in Oregon that state that they will create the 501c(3) for no charge and the grant writers are asking for $9000.00 to create the Nevada corp. I am very naive and ask that you describe your opinion of the pros and cons of each. For me the obvious choice is to save the $9000.00 but perhaps I am overlooking some unknown benefits. Thanks in advance.
Louis B. Smith

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">