• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

donnapuckett

What is the name of your state? Charlotte, NC

I have this person that was starting a business. My husband and myself have done a lot of work for her. Back in october last year she quite her job said that the job was making her sick. She tried to get disablity. It was denied. There were a few of us that tried calling and left several messages with her never heard back. Well in Jan we finally heard from her. I have all her accounting paper work and software. She keeps e-mailing me wanting to bring it to her. Well when I try she can't, she wants me to bring it when I can not. I have two childern and they play basketball and I still work full time. I have given her a time that I can come over she will not reply until after the time is up. Saying that she does not know why I do not get with her to set up a time. Well she owes my husband money for his time and supplies that he has bought for her business. I have ask for that. He built her 1 server and 3 computers made a web site. The only money that we have seen is $300.00 for a class for him to take so he can learn some of the software that she wanted to purchase and she did purchase. I also found out that she is going to use her house as part of her business saying that she works from it. Well I have had all this paper work and done all the work from my house not her's Can I charge her for that? I do not think that it is far that she can use it when I did all the work and have used my space to store this paper work. She is now threatening my self and husband with legal action if we do not return the paper work and computers. No company has been established and there was no contract or paper work was ever done. Can you please help. Thank You Donna Puckett

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">