• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New business concept - some questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mahen_joshi

I am in MO and planning to form an LLC. Many questions are bothering me. do I really need to worry about all these things before I satrt the business?

The concept behind this llc is similar to that of a ‘Registered Agent’ not at the state level but at the national level. My company will represent international companies by providing them a simple gateway to the USA clients. I shall provide a USA ‘mailing address’ for the international companies where USA clients can send their correspondence (to create an impression before the USA client that this company has some base/representation in USA) I shall only receive & forward business letters/faxes to and from these two parties. I shall also provide a 800 number to the USA client that will be forwarded to the international company.

In short I shall be a mailbox or phonebox between a USA and some international company.

My questions:

# If I have to represent several international companies at the same time the above way, do I need any special permits, licenses or state registration etc?

# Since I am merely a mailman or a phone operator do I need to worry about the liabilities before floating the company? (I am aware and willing to do this once I start getting a business)

# Can I use standard forms of representation available on internet to start with without paying to the lawyer? (Need important clauses of the contract that will protect me from any possible liability because of any problems by the international company)

# Can I advertise on the international clients on internet saying ‘Your representative in USA’ or ‘Your office in USA’ without being ‘liable’ representative.

# Will online/web acceptance of the contract be sufficient and legal or a signed contract is required?

# Can I start this as a home business?

# Is there any other legal issue to be addressed/state permissions required before I form an llc?

divgradcurl

I know you are here for free advice, but the best advice is probably to sit down with an attorney who has some experience in small businesses, and particularly international business, and can review all of the facts of your situation and advise you accordingly.

clueless3

Your job will be tough as there is no business entity in the US that is at the Federal level; all business entities are formed from the State level. In order for you to represent your clients as their "gateway to the US", are you willing to register that foreign company in all 50 states, since that will have to be the case if they want to "do business" in all 50 states?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">