• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New business owner getting heat from Police

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

iziasole

What is the name of your state? L.A Calif

I am new to this site and I think that it is a great asset for someone like myself who can't afford a lawyer.

My story is quite long but I'll try to make it sweet and to the point. I opened a housecleaning franchise and six months into the business one of my trusted employee stole money from my client electronically. I don't know how she did it but for three months she would pay her bills under my customer's account and bank number.

The customer called the cops and I was more than happy to comply with their wishes. I told the detective that I wanted to fire her under this reason. He asked me to hold off on it because they didn't want her to skip town. So I agreed. I regret it now.

The detective and I had set up a date where I had told my employee that she was to come into work. Of course, she never showed. So now the cop thinks that I had tipped her off and may be helping her.

This is all BS. I want to see this girl down as much as they do. I had surrendered all info to the detective. Can I tell him to stop calling me since I am niave about the law. I don't want to say the wrong things and have my words twisted. What can I do???

JETX

"Can I tell him to stop calling me since I am niave about the law."
*** Of course you can ask the officer to stop contacting you, whether you are naive or not.

"I don't want to say the wrong things and have my words twisted. What can I do???"
*** You can talk with the officer or chose not to.

Bigfoot

iziasole: Do you not have a bigger problem, such as what to do if your clients sue you for your employee's theft? And, if bonded, if the company will continue to provide coverage? High enough claims and bad publicity will put you out of business!

I

iziasole

My big problem is that the customer wants me to pay about $650 of transaction that was made "maybe" by my ex-employee. I had asked the customer why the bank did not pay for this portion. she sent a letter to me and it stated that she (the customer) did not report this within 60days. Since the $650 was dated Jan 7 and she reported on March 8 the bank will not pay it. She would have to contact the merchants account who approved it.

So rather than doing that she said I would have to pay it. So I asked her to send me the info of the merchants who approved the transaction. I'm still waiting.

Not only that, I don't even know if the transactions were from my ex-employee. They are still trying to compile evidence for the other transaction that are in question. But technically the ex-employee is still incident or hasn't been convicted.

What should i do.? $650 is not worth to report to my insurance (I have gen'l liability and bonded) but my premuim will go up. I can pay for it but I don't know if the customer made those transaction or the ex-employee. Furthermore, I don't have that money up front.

HomeGuru

iziasole said:
My big problem is that the customer wants me to pay about $650 of transaction that was made "maybe" by my ex-employee. I had asked the customer why the bank did not pay for this portion. she sent a letter to me and it stated that she (the customer) did not report this within 60days. Since the $650 was dated Jan 7 and she reported on March 8 the bank will not pay it. She would have to contact the merchants account who approved it.

So rather than doing that she said I would have to pay it. So I asked her to send me the info of the merchants who approved the transaction. I'm still waiting.

Not only that, I don't even know if the transactions were from my ex-employee. They are still trying to compile evidence for the other transaction that are in question. But technically the ex-employee is still incident or hasn't been convicted.

What should i do.? $650 is not worth to report to my insurance (I have gen'l liability and bonded) but my premuim will go up. I can pay for it but I don't know if the customer made those transaction or the ex-employee. Furthermore, I don't have that money up front.
**A: then borrow the $600 and settle this now. Or things will get much worse.
Did you know that your franchise is subject to termination?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">