• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

new nonprofit & tax exemption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gr8tgrad

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina

Hi - I'd like to start a new non-profit in SC - I understand that it is these are tax-exempt - but kind of transactions could cause the non-profit to be taxed (if any)?

Thanks for your time.

FlyingRon

Further, just because your corporation is non-profit doesn't make it tax exempt. You must specifically apply (and qualify) for that recognition.

tranquility

Hardly any of the C-corp returns we do show a profit. "Non-profit" is sometimes easy and sometimes hard but is usually a goal for a small corporation which is not a passthrough entity.

gr8tgrad

thx - you can delete this

Thx - I asked this ? for someone else -but apparently they need to follow up with their own work. There's too many biz items to consider to answer quickly - I'll let the owner figure it out.

Delete at will - since the answers here are not really useful to anyone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">