• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Photography Business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrry9

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I'm interested in starting a new photography business as a sole proprietorship in California, I will be the only employee of this business, I'm lost on what forms need to be filled for taxes and registration. I live in LA county and the city I live in does not require a business license. The company name will be my name so I do not need to file a DBA/FBN. I'm just completely confused about the taxes with federal and state. Any advice?

tranquility

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I'm interested in starting a new photography business as a sole proprietorship in California, I will be the only employee of this business, I'm lost on what forms need to be filled for taxes and registration. I live in LA county and the city I live in does not require a business license. The company name will be my name so I do not need to file a DBA/FBN. I'm just completely confused about the taxes with federal and state. Any advice?
You don't need any special filing I see. Just file a schedule C with your taxes. (If you make enough, a schedule SE too.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">