• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Newbie Question, Please - S Corporation vs. LLC as S Corporation - Thanks!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dila

What is the difference between a Massachusetts Domestic Profit Corporation recognised as an S-Corporation (275 filing + 125 annual report) and a Massachusetts LImited Liability Company recognised as an S-Corporation (500 filing + 500 anuual report) ?

My wife and I are going to start a wholesale used automobile dealer business in partnership with my brother.
We are funding the start-up with equal amounts of money (50% from my wife and I + 50% from my brother).
I want to control 100% of the company. The income from the business will be split with the following allocation:
1/3 to my brother, 2/3 to my wife and I. Should my brother decide to leave the company, I will have to return the amount of his original investment.
In case of a divorce, I retain 100% or 2/3 of the company ownership. Income will be reinvested into the company and dispursed through periodic payments to the involved.

What is the best way to set-up the company diverting all company liability away from the personal assets of the involved while avoiding double taxation?

Thank you for shedding some light on this for me.

D

Dila

I realize that you, dear reader, may not be familiar with Mass law, so your expretise with the local laws of your state will be equally valuable. Thanks again.

TTT

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">