• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NJ/DE DBA questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rwslippey

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Delaware

Good afternoon, Got an interesting question here.

I'm a sole proprietor living/working in Delaware. My business is Photography. I market both as my own full name Photography and as a separate DBA for a photobooth I also run. I have several upcoming client events taking place in NJ. My first question is: Do I need to register in each county I do business in, in NJ? OR would is make more sense to simply rewrite my contracts for the NJ clients and offer the services as my name Photography? (to eliminate the DBA requirement)

Then the question becomes, if I do the latter, as in don't use the DBA in NJ, can I give out business cards (in NJ with my DBA name for branding or would that get me into hot water?) The booth itself has branding named to my DBA name, so if clients/guests see that name could it cause trouble?

Thanks and I hope that all makes sense.

Rob

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">