• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No charge for handicap parking???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rt968

What is the name of your state? California

We have a private parking garage accessed by employees and guests' valet parked cars. We have handicap spaces available. The question is whether we can charge those that are valid handicap placard holders for day parking and / or overnight parking. All help is appreciated. Thank you.

You Are Guilty

rt968 said:
What is the name of your state? California

We have a private parking garage accessed by employees and guests' valet parked cars. We have handicap spaces available. The question is whether we can charge those that are valid handicap placard holders for day parking and / or overnight parking. All help is appreciated. Thank you.
Are you asking whether you can only charge handicapped parkers; or, whether can you charge both the handicapped and non-handicapped equally?

rt968

response reply

We charge everyone that comes through the door. We have had a few tell us it is illegal to charge handicap drivers a fee for storing their vehicle for day use as well as charging handicap drivers that stay overnight a fee. Thank you for the response.

Last edited:

iBkickinit

I live in California, and my grandmother is disabled. every hospital with paid parking has always charged. I have never seen that in practice in Los Angeles here, so I'd say that is definitely a crock of bull. I checked the vehicle code as well, and nothing to that effect exists.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">