• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-disclosures

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

d.lane

What is the name of your state? CA
I will be having a group review my business plan at a SCORE office. I am not sure if I need them to sign a Non-Disclosure or not. Here is what was emailed to me when I asked someone at there office if it was permissible:
As counselors, we are required by the SBA to re-read and re-sign a code of ethics every year. There is a clause in the Code that prevents us from divulging anything that we see or hear from a client. Having said that you can do whatever make you feel secure
What is your advice?

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state? CA
I will be having a group review my business plan at a SCORE office. I am not sure if I need them to sign a Non-Disclosure or not. Here is what was emailed to me when I asked someone at there office if it was permissible:
As counselors, we are required by the SBA to re-read and re-sign a code of ethics every year. There is a clause in the Code that prevents us from divulging anything that we see or hear from a client. Having said that you can do whatever make you feel secure
What is your advice?
do whatever makes you feel secure.

PepperLegal

The information you received from SCORE is correct, they are bound to certain confidentiality terms with the SBA. That being said, you won't have any direct contractual relationship with SCORE that you can rely upon if there is disclosure.

All in all, when working with SCORE your risk of unauthorized disclosure is probably pretty low, so if they won't sign a separate NDA with you, you'll want to balance the benefit of working with SCORE versus the relatively low risk of a confidentiality breach.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">