• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

non refunable ski pass

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bob Coy

Recently I purchased a $299. Non-refundable ski pass for the 2000/2001-ski season beginning around Thanksgiving of this year. [Yes I knew it was non-refundable] I charged it on my Master Card and a few days later I was offered a job in Florida, which I took. [This job was totally out of the blue, I had no idea that I would taking another job] I promptly contacted the Colorado Ski Company and pleaded that because of employment relocation if I could receive a refund less a service charge of course or some other value for my money that I could use and their response was no, nothing could be done. SORRY!!!
My Master Card was not due as yet with that charge on it so I disputed the charge and the result was that since the ticket was non-refundable they would not support me so “winner Ski Resort”.
My credit card company will not honor the fowling claim because the ticket is non-refundable.
Do I have any options????
On the back of my Gold Master Card it states:

SPECIAL RULE FOR CREDIT CARD PURCHASES

If you have a problem with the quality of the goods or services that you purchased with a credit card, and you have tried in good faith to correct the problem with the merchant, you may not have to pay the remaining amount due on the goods and services. You have this protection only when the purchase price was more than $50 and the purchase were made in your home state or within 100 miles of your mailing address.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bob Coy:
Recently I purchased a $299. Non-refundable ski pass for the 2000/2001-ski season beginning around Thanksgiving of this year. [Yes I knew it was non-refundable] I charged it on my Master Card and a few days later I was offered a job in Florida, which I took. [This job was totally out of the blue, I had no idea that I would taking another job] I promptly contacted the Colorado Ski Company and pleaded that because of employment relocation if I could receive a refund less a service charge of course or some other value for my money that I could use and their response was no, nothing could be done. SORRY!!!
My Master Card was not due as yet with that charge on it so I disputed the charge and the result was that since the ticket was non-refundable they would not support me so “winner Ski Resort”.
My credit card company will not honor the fowling claim because the ticket is non-refundable.
Do I have any options????
On the back of my Gold Master Card it states:

SPECIAL RULE FOR CREDIT CARD PURCHASES

If you have a problem with the quality of the goods or services that you purchased with a credit card, and you have tried in good faith to correct the problem with the merchant, you may not have to pay the remaining amount due on the goods and services. You have this protection only when the purchase price was more than $50 and the purchase were made in your home state or within 100 miles of your mailing address.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try and sell it to recoup some of your money. Both the ski resort and Mastercard are in the right.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">