• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-resident sole proprietor car export

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

westisbest123

Hello,
I live in Europe and I'm planning to start a used car and motorcycle export business in the US. I want to access the wholesale auctions to buy clean and salvage vehicles, therefore I need a dealer's license. I am going to provide broker services rather than trading. Most states require a permanent location with office, lots, signs, working hours, etc. In my case it's nearly impossible to suit these requirements, as most of purchases would be done remotely and all cars bought by me would be exported out of the US. Are there any exceptions for brokers or exporters regarding business location? Which states have the most relaxed regulations? I can freely choose from 50 states, but each of them have different laws and I am getting really confused trying to figure out which state is best for me. The most important thing is that the state where I would incorporate would have the ability to process all the documents needed for establishing the business and licensing without me having to visit the state. Which license type should I choose? Most of my clients would be private people, not companies.
Thanks,

quincy

Hello,
I live in Europe and I'm planning to start a used car and motorcycle export business in the US. I want to access the wholesale auctions to buy clean and salvage vehicles, therefore I need a dealer's license. I am going to provide broker services rather than trading. Most states require a permanent location with office, lots, signs, working hours, etc. In my case it's nearly impossible to suit these requirements, as most of purchases would be done remotely and all cars bought by me would be exported out of the US. Are there any exceptions for brokers or exporters regarding business location? Which states have the most relaxed regulations? I can freely choose from 50 states, but each of them have different laws and I am getting really confused trying to figure out which state is best for me. The most important thing is that the state where I would incorporate would have the ability to process all the documents needed for establishing the business and licensing without me having to visit the state. Which license type should I choose? Most of my clients would be private people, not companies.
Thanks,
Here is a link to US.gov on information on importing and exporting: https://www.usa.gov/import-export

Your questions exceed the scope of this forum. For help in starting your export business, I recommend you consult with an international business law professional in whatever area of Europe you reside.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">