• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

non U.S. resident wants to start a business in the U.S and stay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

purity

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Currently in New York

Hi there! I am an Australian resident who is in the U.S on a Visa Waiver set-up. My boyfriend is a U.S. citizen and I would like to be able to stay here to be with him and establish a business here. I am fully aware of the restrictions of the program (visa waiver) and realize I will have to leave and re-enter the country under another visa.

What is the easiest step by step business route to take in order to achieve this. I am in the process of establishing an e-commerce business, would that be enough to allow me to stay in the U.S. if I could prove that business as an adequate income source? Also I have 9-10 years real estate experience at home so I have the opportunity to purchase a real estate franchise here in the United States and go down that route too.

My boyfriend may be willing to have a joint business partnership as well in either the e-commerce or in the real estate business or both..

Basically there are a whole variety of options but I want the easiest and fastest one.

Many people suggest marriage but the relationship is young and we are not ready for that yet.

Please help

Thanks

JETX

Basically there are a whole variety of options but I want the easiest and fastest one.
There is no ONE answer for everyone (if there were, don't you think everyone would use it??).

Also, you are asking for specific legal SERVICES, which is beyond the intent of this forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">