• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-US resident, Nevada LLC, question about what constitutes "US based activities"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

john8086

Non-US resident, Nevada LLC, question about what constitutes "US based activities"

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

I'm a non-US resident, and not physically located in the US, and would like to set up a Nevada LLC having no "US Based Activities" and therefore attracting no tax in the US (of course, my responsibility to take care of paying tax in my own country).

The primary business for the LLC would be domain name sales and brokering to customers worldwide.

My questions are all basically as to what constitutes US based activities. I know that "renting a server", "renting services" is all AOK, and having "employees" or owning anything physical is not OK. But what about...

• Doing banking in the US?
  • Selling domain names to US citizens or entities (either names owned by the LLC or brokering sales)?
  • Having someone physically deposit cheques in a US bank account?
  • Having adsense directly deposit into the LLC's US Bank account?

Lastly, would there ever be capital gains tax to pay on assets sold? Is that calculated differently to income tax?

Thank you very much in advance for any help or advice you can give.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">