• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not paying taxes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? SC
I have a horrible neighbor that I hate. To sum it up, both he and his sister own " companies". They have magnetic signs on the sides of their vehicles. They moved here from Florida one year ago. They take all payments in cash and personal check made out to themselves and are paying no tax's.
What would happen if the IRS found out? Don't you have to have a business license in this state? Don't you have to pay tax's?

divgradcurl

longsally111 said:
What is the name of your state? SC
I have a horrible neighbor that I hate. To sum it up, both he and his sister own " companies". They have magnetic signs on the sides of their vehicles. They moved here from Florida one year ago. They take all payments in cash and personal check made out to themselves and are paying no tax's.
What would happen if the IRS found out? Don't you have to have a business license in this state? Don't you have to pay tax's?
How do you know they are not paying any taxes? Why do you care?

obviously you did not read my post carefully or you would know why I care. All the money he gets is cash or checks made out to him personally. He has no business license. I find it hard to believe he is calling the IRS and stating what money he is making

divgradcurl

I did read your post carefully, and still don't see why it's any business of yours. His paying or not paying taxes is between him and the government, not you. How is his allegedly not paying taxes hurting you personally? How do you KNOW he is not paying taxes?

tax reply

No, It not just because I hate him. If you knew him and met him, you would know too. He also got his house loan with fraud. I don't know a lot of lenders who loan money for huge houses when you move to a new state and don't have a job or proof of income!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">