• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not for Profit organisation in the UK.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Teachy

What is the name of your state? -- London, United Kingdom.

Good afternoon, I hope you can help.
We are a not-for-profit organisation within the United Kingdom, and wondered whether a not for profit organisation needed to be "registered" in any way?
The organisation would take no monies for it's services, but we do welcome Donations via Paypal.
The reason I ask, is that on searching for "not for profit organisation" I came across quite a few sites that said things like: "an IRS 501(c)(3) tax-exempt corporation." with a link to: http://www.guidestar.org/search/report/gs_report.jsp?ein=74-3033697 (This seems to be a United States thing, though).

Also, when receiving Donations via Paypal into the UK, would tax need to be payed on such donations? I contacted PayPal, but they were unable to comment and suggested asking on a Forum such as this.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

n_and

Sorry, but no one here can help you. Read the rules at the top of the forum:

Posting a question in the forum? Your question may have already been answered. Please first check our home page links to full sections of professionally answered questions. Then search the forums archive of over 600,000 previously posted Q & A s. Questions about U.S. law ONLY. Please Include your state, be civil, brief, and to the point, and use lower case letters

T

Teachy

Hi there,

I did see that, but thought someone might know. No problem if not. :)
As for the font, it's personal preference, I'm sure you can override it.

Regards,

T

Teachy

Hello? Did anyone bother reading what I said in the last post...

I have to say this is the most unfriendly, and unhelpful forum I've yet to visit. I was well aware, and said in the last post "I did see that, but thought someone might know. No problem if not. :)", take a chill pill.

n_and

Unhelpful!!??

No one CAN help you - YOU LIVE IN THE U.K.!!! That's not unhelpful, it's your fault you didn't read the rules of the forum properly!

Jeez. Unhelpful??? What are you basing this on - this website is very helpful.

JETX

Damn, wanker can't even figure out that the UK is not a part of the US!!
And then complains when told.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">