• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Offshore company question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

businesst

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Any

Hello,

1. I have an offshore company. Do I only have to pay taxes if I bring the money that I make with the company home? For example I earn $4000 in a month, wire $1000 home and $3000 remain in the offshore company's bank account. Does that mean I pay taxes only for those $1000?
2. Does that mean that I can earn as much as I want, and as long as I don't wire anything home I don't have to pay any taxes and don't do anything illegal?
3. How can I spend the offshore money in my country? For example if I want to buy real estate?

tranquility

Such things are too complex to answer as all the facts are needed and you have provided nothing even resembling context. For example, are you a U.S. citizen and are you talking about the U.S.? Such things matter.

But, if you do live in the U.S. BE SURE to follow the requirements of FACTA. The IRS is quite serious and people are going to jail or suffering enormous fines.

davew128

Tranq, I doubt FATCA would be an issue here if its a business the OP has a significant ownership in. I would be more concerned about 5471/8865 or whatever applicable reporting is required for ownership of the business, which negates the FATCA due to duplicative reporting.

brian32

No businesst, You don't need to pay any tax on the money which you bring to your home. You business is offshore not in the US. All the business activities and outside fro your country so that you are not eligible to pay tax to American Government.

tranquility

No businesst, You don't need to pay any tax on the money which you bring to your home. You business is offshore not in the US. All the business activities and outside fro your country so that you are not eligible to pay tax to American Government.
Um...got a cite for that?

quincy

tranquility, although brian32 is, according to his profile, a "good person" from Australia, I am thinking he is not quite so good with U.S. law.

In other words, I wouldn't count on any cite. :)

HomeGuru

tranquility, although brian32 is, according to his profile, a "good person" from Australia, I am thinking he is not quite so good with U.S. law.

In other words, I wouldn't count on any cite. :)
**A: and even if a cite from case law, it may have come from a kangaroo court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">