• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Old Bill / Invoice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cicorias

I just received an invoice for around $800 that indicates I owe money for "waste removal services". There are several issues:

1. This invoice covers services going back to 7/99 -- Isn't there a 6 month period where all bills must be sent out?

2. I have copies of receipts and checks that indicated all services were paid for at the time.

3. If I had owed additional money, how can I ever dispute it if it's nearly a year ago. They should've informed me at the time they picked up the containers.

4. Nobody every contacted me regarding money owed for anything ever!

I've called and they threatened collection and bringing me to court. What recourse do I have? Now I have to spend enormous amount of my time to resolve a $800 bill that if you ask me looks illegal in the first place.

K

keeshy2

My suggestion would be to send them a certified letter enclosing copies of all the bills, receipts, and cancelled checks you have for the timeframe on the new bill showing that you've already paid the debt. They may have just switched computer systems or something and somehow your account got screwed up.
As for the time frame, I don't know. I moved recently, and when I went to connect the cable TV I found out that I had a balance from over 2 years ago! I had moved, given them my new address, and somehow never gotten the final bill.
Good luck in getting it straightened out!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">