• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Online Wagering: I live in Florida and he'd like for me to open the online wagering

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

luxamina

I have a friend who is interested in dog race online wagering. He resides in the state of Georgia and is not able to create an online wagering account, probably because of the 1969 Stanley v. Georgia case, which I think made it illegal to place wagers via the telephone (correct me if I'm wrong). I live in Florida and he'd like for me to open the online wagering account. He would pay for the bets through my account and we would 75/25 split any winning ticket's prize money. The prize money would go to my banking account. I would transer his 75% winning portion to him through the internet. I'd put any applicable winning ticket's tax money in a separate account, to pay at the end of the year. I would be managing the account and making extra money. However, I do not want to do anything illegal. Would these activities be lawful? If not, is there any way of doing this legally. Thank you for your advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">