• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

opening on-line affiliate business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fwalley

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I'm wondering if opening a sole prop as apposed to an LLC would be sufficent. The cert in TX is $300 for an LLC.
My duties involve opening a business, a business bank acct, a merchant acct and forwarding revenues to a company with which I'll be an affiliate. I'll be considered a contractor and it appears, through the agreement, that the company will be absorbing all the liability. Would I be better served opening a sole pro or an LLC?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I'm wondering if opening a sole prop as apposed to an LLC would be sufficent. The cert in TX is $300 for an LLC.
My duties involve opening a business, a business bank acct, a merchant acct and forwarding revenues to a company with which I'll be an affiliate. I'll be considered a contractor and it appears, through the agreement, that the company will be absorbing all the liability. Would I be better served opening a sole pro or an LLC?
**A: how much $$$ in gross income are we talking and what is the product or service?

fwalley

10% is my commission. I'm setting up a busi ess that the host company will create to maximize their exposure in the US. They do professional website design templates for businesses. Total revenue figures to be 40 to 60k per month, of which I'd receive 10% as an affiliate. I will set up a 'transit only' merchant account and a business account through my bank. Everything seems ligit and it seems to be a good way to bring in 2500-4000 usd per month. The host company creates the site, and markets the site. Sales are purchased and ran through my merchant account. I send 90% of total revenues back to the host company while I retain 10%.
The company is World Creative Studio, Inc.
the company is based in Poland and so far I haven't found anything adverse regarding this opportunity, however I haven't quite completed my due diligence. IF i do decide to go forward, I need to know if setting a LLC or proprietorship would be best.

HomeGuru

10% is my commission. I'm setting up a busi ess that the host company will create to maximize their exposure in the US. They do professional website design templates for businesses. Total revenue figures to be 40 to 60k per month, of which I'd receive 10% as an affiliate. I will set up a 'transit only' merchant account and a business account through my bank. Everything seems ligit and it seems to be a good way to bring in 2500-4000 usd per month. The host company creates the site, and markets the site. Sales are purchased and ran through my merchant account. I send 90% of total revenues back to the host company while I retain 10%.
The company is World Creative Studio, Inc.
the company is based in Poland and so far I haven't found anything adverse regarding this opportunity, however I haven't quite completed my due diligence. IF i do decide to go forward, I need to know if setting a LLC or proprietorship would be best.

**A: I find it hard to believe those gross income numbers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">