• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Opening an LLC in Florida for a foreign based company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xfroggy

What is the name of your state? Florida

Hello, I am a US citizen and also a Brazilian resident. I am opening a small real estate business in Salvador, Brazil that will be similar to a US LLC. I deal with online vacation rentals for tourists visiting Brazil from the US and Europe as well as property management and sales in Salvador - but all business actually takes place and is in reference to Brazil. I am wondering about how to open my business in Florida to have a US presence. I won't have any employees in Florida and I am interested in opening and registering the business in the US only if it will be beneficial to me tax wise - I know that as a US citizen I am taxed on my worldwide income but am unsure of how that pans out with me having a foreign LLC - am I taxed just on the money that I make with that business or will I be required to fill out tax forms as if my foreign LLC were a US LLS (itemize all, etc using form 1040)? Secondly, if I do open an office and register it in the state of Florida, there is the issue of licensing - I am a licensed real estate agent in Brazil but not in the US. Can I open my US office as more of an investment group LLC in order to avoid licensing issues? Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">