• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Opening LLC in NY with a partner to operate a gas station-

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scab007

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I am a non-citizen and opening a LLC in NY with my friend who is a citizen. I am investing 50% in the LLC, under which will be running a gas station. My friend who is citizen, will be the manager and I am a silent partner. Now, we have verified that all of the licenses can be obtained and the paperwork can be done except for Liquor License. According to NY law, the principle applicant for the license to sell alcohol has to be a US citizen. Do you think we can get a license while me being mentioned as a member on the LLC and my friend being the managing member of the LLC? Also, we are willing to change the terms of the operating agreement if that needs to be done for him to become eligible. Your help will be highly appreciated. Thank you!

P.S. I might get the services of any lawyer who will reply to this query.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I am a non-citizen and opening a LLC in NY with my friend who is a citizen. I am investing 50% in the LLC, under which will be running a gas station. My friend who is citizen, will be the manager and I am a silent partner. Now, we have verified that all of the licenses can be obtained and the paperwork can be done except for Liquor License. According to NY law, the principle applicant for the license to sell alcohol has to be a US citizen. Do you think we can get a license while me being mentioned as a member on the LLC and my friend being the managing member of the LLC? Also, we are willing to change the terms of the operating agreement if that needs to be done for him to become eligible. Your help will be highly appreciated. Thank you!

P.S. I might get the services of any lawyer who will reply to this query.
no lawyer who replies here will take care your case. Additionally, make a consult with an attorney who can review everything and give you all the answers to your questions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">