• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

operating agreement and articles of organization

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seventeen17

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

Hey, so I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I have started an LLC and listed five people as members in the articles of organization. One member will not sign the operating agreement, as we have a dispute over percentages. The other four members are willing to agree to my terms, however. If I just exclude his name in the operating agreement, and the rest of the members and I sign the operating agreement, will it be legally valid, and will he not be considered to be a part of the LLC? Can I then just update the articles of organization in the annual report?

thanks

tranquility

No one can tell without all the facts. Generally, the organizing documents decide. Suits regarding what they should say are expensive and uncertain.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">