• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Operating in another state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Michelle1981

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I reside in Washington, DC but I want to open up a business in Baltimore, MD and eventually relocate there in the future. Washington, DC is not cheap when establishing a business and of course Baltimore is. Is it worth it to just pay the foreign fees in Baltimore or just say forget it and just open the retail store in high priced Washington DC? What would you guys do? In case someone is wondering. Over head fees for commercial rental in DC can start $5,000 Baltimore can start $1,250.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I reside in Washington, DC but I want to open up a business in Baltimore, MD and eventually relocate there in the future. Washington, DC is not cheap when establishing a business and of course Baltimore is. Is it worth it to just pay the foreign fees in Baltimore or just say forget it and just open the retail store in high priced Washington DC? What would you guys do? In case someone is wondering. Over head fees for commercial rental in DC can start $5,000 Baltimore can start $1,250.
Yours is not a legal question. None of us can decide for you if something is "worth it".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">