• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ordered goods never arrived

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

online-retailer

What is the name of your state? United Kingdom buying from MA (not sure where that is!!)

Hi
I recently ordered goods from a wholesale company in MA to sell online here in the UK. They have only sent 4 of the 35 products and have taken the full amount from the business credit card - they are saying they have posted the full order by USPS and that it must have got lost, however thay are refusing to show me any proof of posting (not even a customs form which I assume is a legal requirement in the US to send goods abroad?) but say they aren't liable for the loss.
It does say this on their website but I assumed they would have to have some proof of posting - I'm under the impression that they just pocked the money (about $500) with no intention of shipping
Are customs forms a legal requirement in the US for shipping this quantity? Alternatively are there any other forms I can ask to see knowing that if they sent the order they would HAVE to have them!
I've reported them to my credit card company but because they are american it's hard to prove fraud
Any help about my legal position under US law would be appreciated

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

online-retailer said:
What is the name of your state? United Kingdom buying from MA (not sure where that is!!)

Hi
I recently ordered goods from a wholesale company in MA to sell online here in the UK. They have only sent 4 of the 35 products and have taken the full amount from the business credit card - they are saying they have posted the full order by USPS and that it must have got lost, however thay are refusing to show me any proof of posting (not even a customs form which I assume is a legal requirement in the US to send goods abroad?) but say they aren't liable for the loss.
It does say this on their website but I assumed they would have to have some proof of posting - I'm under the impression that they just pocked the money (about $500) with no intention of shipping
Are customs forms a legal requirement in the US for shipping this quantity? Alternatively are there any other forms I can ask to see knowing that if they sent the order they would HAVE to have them!
I've reported them to my credit card company but because they are american it's hard to prove fraud
Any help about my legal position under US law would be appreciated

My response:

First, MA is the abbreviation for Massachusetts. It's that tiny State where the American Revolution took place - - where the Redcoats were beaten back, and stomped on. It's the war with England that won our Independence from your tyrannical rule!

Anyway, enough of history.

We don't do International law on these forums. However, I can tell you two things:

1. It would cost you more money to take any sort of action then it's worth.

2. Stop buying off of the Internet. Buy locally.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">