• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Original Document vs Photocopy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nomad4fun

What is the name of your state? Oregon

In a non-profit corporation, would a photocopy of a document to recall a director be considered legally the same as the original signed document?

nomad4fun

Photocopy vs Original

Rather than submitting the ORIGINAL PETITION --signed by 2/3rd of membership, to the Board Secretary, a photocopy was sent to the President of the Board who then forwarded the photocopy to the Board Secretary. The ORIGINAL PETITION is still being held by the folks that initiated the petition.

Would receipt of the photocopy of the petition be considered the same as receiving the ORIGINAL?
Thank you.

nomad4fun

photocopy vs original

I feel the ORIGINAL of the petition should be received by the Board or Board Secretary before any action is taken to call a special meeting of the membership to discuss recalling a Board Member.

fairisfair

I feel the ORIGINAL of the petition should be received by the Board or Board Secretary before any action is taken to call a special meeting of the membership to discuss recalling a Board Member.
what difference does it make? and no there is no law preventing the board from taking action on any type of a document they receive.

I am guessing you are the member that is being recalled??

nomad4fun

photocopy vs original

No, I'm not the Board member being recalled. I am attempting to delay the meeting for the recall by insisting on receipt of the ORIGINAL document. The timing is not good to have a meeting in Oregon in January. Members will not be able to attend meeting.

Dandy Don

Of course the copy should not be accepted as official, since it could be altered by anyone. Send a written request for the ORIGINAL (mentioning that you can not accept the copy) and see how or whether they care enough to respond at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">