• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Other License in Additon to LLC Formation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AdamMB

What is the name of your state? Alabama (Tuscaloosa)

Within the next 2 months, I am going to form a LLC for an internet company which provides marketing services, web hosting, and e-commerce services to small businesses. The one thing I am not clear on at this point is this: When I form the LLC, will I need to get any other type of business license in addition to the LLC formation documents?

Just in case it helps clear things up, we will be providing mainly services instead of physical retail products, however, we will also have a portion of the business focused on basically gathering up products from different clients and selling them through one unified store (think Amazon, when they first started out...just basically take a few products from each supplier and put them all together into one store, but each individual supplier will actually get the orders to process and ship..i.e. no inventory for us).

Secondly, is there any for sure, black-and-white source on whether or not taxes have to be collected on internet sales? We will not (at least initially) have a physical presence per se in any state, so would we have to collect taxes on all services, just services for AL residents, or none at all? Thanks for your time!

-Adam Byram

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">