• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

overcharged

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joey123

I wrote a check for $494 and it was scanned for $959 by the place I had written it to. so my bank said that they scan the code at the bottom and don't actually read the check and the coded area was $959. Therefore my account was overcharged and in the meantime I had more checks to come through and they were paid but I did not have enough in the account to cover them so I was charged an ISF fee of $25 per check. THe bank said that they would correct the difference in the check but have not and they said that the co that overcharged would be responsible for the ISF charges. I ask if I should put enough money in the account to cover the charges and they told me not to. So, I called the co that overcharged my acct and they have not done anything to correct the overcharge and also they said that they had not received a payment from me for this month. Apparantly someone else's payment has been paid and the money has come out of my account. The bank has not fixed my account either and more ISF charges have been applied. I have called and talked to both parties several times without any results. What should I do next. I cant afford the extra money at this time and it was not my fault. Thanks, I live in Alabama.

P

peter

JOEY:

This will teach you the NUMBER ONE RULE FOR YOUR LIFE...

NOTHING EVER GETS DONE OVER THE PHONE

You have to go to your bank and sit in the managers office and refuse to leave untill this is straightened out

-----------------------------

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">