• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

owning a business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momm2500

What is the name of your state? PA

dad owned small landscaping business. he dies on 1/26 and within 3 days brother who was to get the business had everything changed to his name as owner (or even his wife, so he can be claimed an employee and get unemployment) but i have contacted the state of pa and have proof via e-mail and the web site that the business is still listing dad as officer and owner of the company. what type of violations and whom do i contact with a copy of the will to show that he was to retain ownership?

CraigFL

Personally, I'm not sure what you are asking. It sounds like your brother was willed the business by your father and has completed maybe some of the paperwork required for this transfer. As far as the state of PA, maybe the change has been applied for and not officially updated yet. There are many documents that need to be changed when ownership transfers so it make take time. I'm not clear what your interest in this is?

momm2500

a couple of things pertaining to this.
1. dad died 1/26
2. mom died 2/1
3. brother is claiming he is not the owner so he can collect unemployment from the state of PA (per the will he is)
4. he claims that mom's estate owes the business a loan that she took out. (which is false, he can not provide documentation)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">