• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

partnership dissolution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chrissi2

What is the name of your state? texas

i started a verbal business partnership with a friend last year (equal partners). she has verbally stated her intent to dissolve the partnership. At the time of her departure we were not profitable. a few months ago, we applied for a trademark of our product name. we are both listed as owners of the mark. as part of the dissolution, i offered a cash settlement (even though we owe on a business card) in exchange for sole rights to the mark and all raw materials and inventory. she declined both in writing. she voluntarily gave me the raw material and most of the inventory, but refuses to sign over the mark. she has also refused the cash and a second offer of a small percentage of future profits. i don’t know what she wants because she won’t tell me. she originally offered to pay her share of the debts, and later stated she would not be paying. i don’t want her money; i just want her to sign the dissolution agreement, which states she has no rights to the trademark or future profits after her verbal intent to dissolve. i’m at a loss. what are my options if she never signs? is a verbal partnership dissolved if there is no written agreement? If she were to sue when the business is profitable, is she entitled to anything?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">