• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Partnership with existing IRS tax debt.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ShaneP

I live in Georgia and just recently opened a small service business with a friend. Our business is doing very well, but I do owe around 50k in back taxes from a previous job where I was receiving 1099's every year. I'm unable to pay the full amount. My business partner thinks we should remove me from 50% ownership of the business in fear that the IRS will come after us and take the business from both of us. He was the initial investor to start the company so I understand why he is scared. Is this something he needs to worry about or is there a way I can remind a partner in the business until I can settle my IRS taxes debt?
It will take years for me to pay back what I owe and removing me from our agreement is unacceptable to me. What should I do??? Please help!

davew128

You should pay your tax debt. Your partner should grow a pair. The IRS can't take HIS property for YOUR debt. Make arrangements to pay your debt and the problem goes away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">