• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Partnership Financial Arrangement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

designpartner

What is the name of your state? Texas

I have a graphic design business I formed with a partner in 2005. When we started, we both had full time jobs and worked the business part-time. It has grown tremendously and is doing really well. She was able to quit her full-time job and work our business full-time the beginning of 2006. Because of my other financial obligations, I am still part-time for now. We are trying to determine a fair payment structure. Since we are partners, should everything be 50-50 or should I be paid half what she is paid because I am part-time? We haven't been able to come up with something that seems fair and I need advice as to what is best practices. We'd like to draft a contract (since we didn't do that in the beginning) to cover us since the business is taking off. I should note that I designed the logo, website and much of the creative collateral for the business. And I was instrumental getting the business up and running. But she is putting in a lot more hours at this point. And I just want to be fair to both of us. Please help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">