• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Partnership gone BAD

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

QueenDiva

What is the name of your state? MICHIGAN

Hello, HELP ME!
Three years ago I opened a small hair salon. MY dream. I had managed another shop for many years and decided to go on my own. I knew how to run a shop, but I had the idea to take my best stylist , since she had lots of clientele. I found a building to lease, basically I ran the whole show. I asked this stylist if she wanted to go into business with me and that she needed half of the startup money. She borrowed the money from her brother and we were off to the races. For two years we were doing great until she brought her low life, drug addicted husband nosing around. Her husbands plan was that she was going to be able to support him and thier 2 children. It did not work that way. In the meantime they lost 2 vehicles and in the process of losing their home. They were into bankruptsy and screwed that up too. He calls every half hour during business hours and she will drop everthing to take his calls. He hangs out on my day off with her introducing him, like he is a part of the business. The business is dropping slowly but surely. It is very obvious he is a low life. I want to save my business. I want her out. I offered a buyout, she refused. We have no legal papers that she is a partner. The phone and electricity, bank account and business license and lease are all in my name. Her cosmetology license that by law hangs on the wall expired. She refuses to renew. What can I do?? Please? Give me an answer.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">