• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Partnership gone bad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jebek

What is the name of your state? PA

I have had an event planning business for 7 yrs and I now have to quit. How do my partner and myself work out an agreement to end my part? She wants to continue on and keep the business running. How do we determine what value my 7 years has? It has become unpleasant and I am trying to keep this amicable.What is the name of your state?

clueless3

How do my partner and myself work out an agreement to end my part? How do we determine what value my 7 years has? It has become unpleasant and I am trying to keep this amicable.What is the name of your state?
Too bad you two did not have a Partnership Agreement when you started out (a lesson learned). Now, the easiest and cheapest way is the old-fashioned way: sit down and negotiate. Otherwise, court costs and lawyer fees would eat up everything. Basically, your work in the past 7 years helps build up a customer base and a reputation for the business, whose value cannot be easily determined.

Some things to consider:

* If you have to "SELL" the business (which can be hard for this particular business) then how much is it worth right now? (for the customer base and all)
* If you have to DISSOLVE the partnership and your partner has to start from scratch, how much would it cost her to start? (to build up the customer base and all)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">