• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paying yourself back the money you invested in your company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mbnewman

What is the name of your state? Michigan
I recently bought 33% of an S corporation with an investment of $100+K. The owner of the balance of stock bought the company for $600K. I'm a silent partner and he actually works the business and receives a payroll check along with running his car and a few other things thru the business. He also runs many other personal things thru the business stating he can do this even tho I'm a third owner because he can take as much as he wants out of the company until the amount reaches the $600K he originally invensted. Is he right?

JETX

What does your partnership agreement say about compensation and withdrawals from company funds??

M

mbnewman

I'm not sure exactly what the agreement states, I'll definitely take a look. So you're saying as long as the agreement allows this, it is perfectly legal?? Thanks!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">