• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PD Cash for Car, now No Title??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tinsel57

In February my husband and I bought a 1994 Pontiac Grand Am for our soon to be 16 year old. We paid with a cashier's check and were told registration and title would arrive in the mail. Well it is now May, and no such paperwork. The sales person will not return our pages, we have made 4 phone calls to the dealer and have gotten nothing but the run around. Still checking their files, oh what a mess they are... What a bunch of crap. The car's registration expires this month, I have a car with no title...What can I do? This has never happened to me before..

T

Tracey

Gee, will you adopt me and give me a car? :)

Send the dealer a letter (certified, return receipt required) stating that if you don't receive the title by Friday, you will file suit on Monday, requesting the title, costs, attorney fees, and reimbursement for any tickets you receive for expired temporary tabs.

If your local small claims court can issue injunctions, sue there. Otherwise, sue in district court asking that the dealer transfer the title and pay all your court expenses. Take a copy of the cashier's check to court with you - your bank should have the records to print you a duplicate if you've lost it.

After you file it, take a stamped copy of the lawsuit to to DMV and request an extension on your temporary license. Keep a copy of the suit in your glove box as well.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">