• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal responsibility for debts of corporation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jdawson

In 1996 a company for which I served as President terminated a contract for advertising within the accepted period. In 1998 the corporation relinquished its charter to the state and ceased operations. Begining in late 1998 until today I have been dunned and threaten by the publication company claiming I personally guaranteed the ad. In each and every instance they have call my home and new place of business, and even though each representative in the past researched the matter and determined we did cancel the contract in the appropriate time period, each new CFO for the organization cals, writes and threatens. WHat re my rights and recourse in this matter.

Thanks and best regards,

James Dawson

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">