• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personally liable for LLC bank account?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mcmullen413

Hawaii-
I started a LLC about 10 months ago. During the credit crisis we lost our funding and had to close down around the 1st of January. We have a bank account in the name of the LLC and we are in the process of closing the account. Last month three fraudulent charges appeared on the bank account, putting our account in the negative by $700. I have contacted the company that made these charges and we have been going around in circles and now they are just ignoring me. I filed a dispute for those charges with the bank as well. Nothing seems to be happening to resolve the issue and my question is: If I walk away from this am I personally liable for the bank account? Thank you in advance for any help.

Antigone*

Hawaii-
I started a LLC about 10 months ago. During the credit crisis we lost our funding and had to close down around the 1st of January. We have a bank account in the name of the LLC and we are in the process of closing the account. Last month three fraudulent charges appeared on the bank account, putting our account in the negative by $700. I have contacted the company that made these charges and we have been going around in circles and now they are just ignoring me. I filed a dispute for those charges with the bank as well. Nothing seems to be happening to resolve the issue and my question is: If I walk away from this am I personally liable for the bank account? Thank you in advance for any help.

You can only be held liable if you've signed a personal guarantee.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">