• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

physician owned business?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

spunky

My husband is a physician and is interested in starting a seperate online business selling over-the-counter personal care and health related products. Are there any legal problems involved in this? Can he or should he indicate publicly that this business is physician owned? Can he market this website to his office patients? Can he legally sell these products (over the counter) to Medicare recipients? If not, how can he differentiate who is whom on the net? Any information is greatly appreciated.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by spunky:
My husband is a physician and is interested in starting a seperate online business selling over-the-counter personal care and health related products. Are there any legal problems involved in this?
****Homeguru: no but make sure that the business is an entirely separate entity from his current practice. For his protection, the entity should be a corporation rahter than under his personal self.

Can he or should he indicate publicly that this business is physician owned?
****HomeGuru: I feel he should practice full disclosure. It will be a plus as far as credibility for the biz. Look at all the health and nutrition network marketing companies that have MD's on their Boards etc.

Can he market this website to his office patients?
****HomeGuru: if he is in private practice yes. If he works for a hospital or medical group, there may be a conflict.

Can he legally sell these products (over the counter) to Medicare recipients?
****HomeGuru: no response. I do not know what the products are and do not know the requirments of Medicare.

If not, how can he differentiate who is whom on the net? Any information is greatly appreciated.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do a search on the www and check out the websites for ideas, competition etc. One idea is to make his website informational first then sales oriented next. Hook the eyes in by giving out free educational, useful and informative info with color photos. Have him write a monthly newsletter etc.

S

spunky

Thanks for your reply! We will give this our best shot! (no pun intended!)

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by spunky:
Thanks for your reply! We will give this our best shot! (no pun intended!)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are welcome! If you need more advice this freeadvice website may be part of your prescription for success.

Signed,
BizDoc

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">