• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Placing company work tenure on resume, social websites

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gaggz

Hi all
Thanks for reading this post!

I formed s-corporation (consulting company for pharma research) and it was filed in government office on 12/19/2014. However, I began forming the company, website development, business development work all by myself since Aug 2014 (about 5 months prior to legal incorporation date). Hence, can I safely place in my resume (and social websites) "Founder XXX, Inc from Aug 2014 to present" or shall I have to say dec 2014 onwards? I have some proofs that I began working on the company establishment work in Aug 2014 like legally purchasing stock pictures to put on website and the ".com" name purchase. Please help and advise. Thanks so so much.
What is the name of your state ? California

Dave1952

What you are proposing does not sound dishonest, as you describe it. I doubt there are any specific "resume" laws. There are general fraud laws. Claiming that you worked for a company before the company existed might be a little confusing but your explanation is certainly adequate. And HR will never know, during the interview, when your company was founded, anyway.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I doubt there are any specific "resume" laws. You are correct - there are not.

And HR will never know, during the interview, when your company was founded, anyway. I would add to that, Or care. As a hiring manager I would not have any problem with the situation as you have described it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">