• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible Future Retention - Houston Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

badlimey

Texas - Harris County

I will be selling a product and using the proceeds (100%) of profit to establish and fund a 501c(4) to benefit Veterans.

My question pertains to the legality of fundraising as an individual when not raising for a specific registered charity.

Operational costs will be covered from shipping and handling charges. I have the opportunity to garner a lot of media attention and gain corporate support and so I do not want this to blow up in my face.

I am filing a DBA and have applied for a Sales Tax Permit beyond that I do not know nor can I afford the support of an Attorney to steer me straight. I have a background as a paralegal specializing in family law and veterans benefits and worked for a large pro bono organization that gave me the impetus to step out and do this. Sorry to sound cynical but it has been my experience and I have been around for 50+ years that the true focus of most not-for profits is career building and grant collecting. I was disgusted how the organization I worked for manipulated statistics to make it look like they were helping far more people than they really were.

Obviously I would be inclined to do future business with a firm or solo practioner that can assist in this launch. Be a good citizen, without our Veterans you might not even be able to read this!

Thanks from me and from the Millions of Veterans who will be helped. For further additional information or details feel free to email me [email protected]

:)What is the name of your state: Texas

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">