• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

potential fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

loulou

Recently I received a letter from a former employee of my bank soliticing my business for non-bank purposes. I am not listed in the phone book...the only way he could have gotten my address and phone # is from the bank.
The bank says they can only send a cease and desist letter, which they are doing. However, I don't know if he has other information about me...ie social security #, birthday, account info. No one seems willing to help me.
Is there a police report I should fill out? Should I change banks, or stay to ensure future aid should their be a problem? Should I contact this man's new employer? I am not sure what all I should do to protect myself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">