• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Power of Attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

prayes

hello! first post here...

scenario:

i am the president of company XYZ, another person is director of company XYZ. there are certain forms that need to be signed by the director, however, the director cannot be present... the forms are:

- a document stating that the director accepts his position as director
- first meeting document containing various resolutions
- document where director appoints pres./treasurer/secretary
- stock assignment documents where stocks are issued to the president (myself) and the director (the other person)

i was told that there is such a thing as a Retroactive Power of Attorney... basically giving me the right to sign certain business documents for the director before receiving the hard copy of a power of attorney... is this true? or must i wait for the power of attorney... ?

also, when given a power of attorney, how do i sign for the person... is this
right:

Jane Doe
by John Doe
Attorney in Fact

??? assuming i am John Doe, and the person i am siging for is Jane Doe... thanks!

------------------
To reach the stars one must reach the moon first...

T

Tracey

You are muddying up the waters by making the president attorney in fact for the director. Just stick everything in an envelope and mail it to director. The postage is a business expense. It's cheaper than drawing up a POA.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">