• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Protecting Assets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hasslefree

What is the name of your state? New York and Georgia

I am considering starting a corporation which could potentially in the future bring in upper thousands to even over a million a year.

Bringing in all of that money how do I protect it. Incorperating seems like a good idea but as far as protecting assets and money which account(s) would be better, domestic accounts or international? There is a possibility that I may in the future take this to an international level anyways with the idea of possibly starting a large hotel chain but this is only if I succeed at the rest of my goals first within a time frame of about ten years.

So again would it be better to set up domestic incorperations or international incorperations in order to protect assets that the company and even myself the owner of the corperation owns?

Thank you for any advice or information that you may give me

expertise in this area is what I am looking for thank you

Why not ask your Attorney and Accountant these questions? Isn't it worth a few thousand dollars to make sure all that money you MAY make is protected properly?

To make and KEEP money and assets one usually is well advised to spend a little to protect it.

hasslefree

I actually have spoken with my families attorney who also specializes in business law and he told me that the best way to go is to set up the international corp. that way later on if I did choose to go international with my company I would not have to set up another name, pay more fees etc.

He also recommended that I do this to protect my assets which will basicly be all of the real estate that I will own, company cars and materials such as computers, printers, copiers,telephones and fax machines there are obviously other things which I am not listing but if I did it would be a long list.

The reason why I asked on here was for other peoples oppinions and experiences with setting up a business in either one of the two states new york or georgia, or to see if anyone even had experience setting up an international company.

It is worth the fees to consult with these people, that's why I did it and would infact be filing the majority of my paper work with the two of them. I never said I hadnt consulted, and I never said I wasn't interested in consulting just wanted to know others experiences with it.

Thank you for replying though.

JETX

hasslefree said:
expertise in this area is what I am looking for
This is a LEGAL advice site!! If you want 'expertise' to your questions, you need to be talking to a qualified financial advisor or CPA.

anteater

hasslefree said:
What is the name of your state? New York and Georgia

I am considering starting a corporation which could potentially in the future bring in upper thousands to even over a million a year.

Bringing in all of that money how do I protect it. Incorperating seems like a good idea but as far as protecting assets and money which account(s) would be better, domestic accounts or international? There is a possibility that I may in the future take this to an international level anyways with the idea of possibly starting a large hotel chain but this is only if I succeed at the rest of my goals first within a time frame of about ten years.

So again would it be better to set up domestic incorperations or international incorperations in order to protect assets that the company and even myself the owner of the corperation owns?

Thank you for any advice or information that you may give me

expertise in this area is what I am looking for thank you

What a bunch of gibberish! What makes you think that you can protect the company's assets from the company's creditors?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">