• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Protecting business without health insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Carol Armstrong

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

I own a resort in northern Wisconsin. Business is REALLY bad. It has become apparent that we can no longer afford our health insurance. Is there a particular way to structure our business to protect it in case of catastrophic medical bills?

Carol Armstrong

I'm sorry, I didn't make myself clear.

We own this resort (the physical property), if we lose our health insurance and we experience catastrophic medical bills, how can we protect this property (and the business) from being taken?

It's not the business that would experience the medical bills. But the business is our "asset" --- could it be taken from us?

JETX

We own this resort (the physical property), if we lose our health insurance and we experience catastrophic medical bills, how can we protect this property (and the business) from being taken?
The only way to protect yourself from a claim when you refuse to purchase insurance is to sell the property to someone who will take the steps to purchase insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">