• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

protecting my idea

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drbecker

What is the name of your state? NY/NJ

I have an idea for a wellness products store, to sell negotiated discount items to corporations from suppliers.

I have a contact with a large corporate benefits company, and relationships with suppliers with dealer pricing.

I would like to merge the two, without having them cut me out of the deal.

How do I protect myself from such.

Dr. Becker

clueless3

You can ASK them to sign a contract. But what if they don't want to sign? And how can you enforce it and/or take them to court if they sign and decide to cut you out anyway? If you're a small potato, you don't have much power to negotiate and/or to win in court.

The model of Manufacturer -> Distributor -> Wholesaler -> Retailer -> Consumer is shrinking. Many manufacturers now will sell directly to the consumers if they have a chance. The consumers want the pyramid flattened and want "manufacturer-direct" merchandise. The economic forces are against middlemen, like you.

If I were you, I would simply build good relationships with both of them and hope that they will honor the system and not cut you out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">