• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

x7chobo

What is the name of your state? NJ

I'm a student and started running a small online business to generate some income. In the info section of my website, I stated that if someone were to send in items for some sort of service and do not pay it within 7 days on the day it was received, that I would hold them responsible to a holding fee of the equipment.

On 9/23, someone had send in items for a 3rd party trade. They decided for no reason, to cancel the trade, I then gave them the total amount owed including the holding fees but they refuse to pay the proper amount - approximately $30 less than the actual amount. They had all of the information regarding the holding fees listed on my website and how the holding fees work. I also have copies of a majority of the emails sent back and forth between me and the party refusing to pay.

I also did not include the cancellation fee I normally charge for services and other purchases. I was only charging him the services rendered, holding fees, and shipping fees.

He is now claiming that holding fees do not apply to the transaction even though it's clearly stated on the website. So as of right now, he refuses to pay the balance of approximately $30 and he also has marked the item as stolen.

Any suggestions on what I can do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">