• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question on product legality

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TylerDurden1

Hello,
Just wanted to thank everyone in advance for your time and assistance.

I have put together a number of short videos, some of which are on youtube; they are basically self-help in nature, no questionable material, offensive images or audio. They consist of an audio track with subtitles by myself explaining the narration, and images taken from a google image search. I have been careful not to include any images with 'copyright (c) etc.' in them, but there are a variety of images from many different websites (that are not mine) in the videos. Basically, the audio is fine for me to use, but the images, although they don't have 'copyright' or website names in them, are not mine. This is no issue with youtube as all its material is free (and the fair use act and all that), but I wanted to put these on DVD and sell the DVD. I would be legally liable if I were to do this, since they are not my images. So this is not an option, correct?

An alternative would be to combine the videos into one file, upload it to a free file hosting site where it can be downloaded for free, and then have an ebay auction or something where for a few $ I would offer the link to the file, so basically I would be selling the link (the location). The actual download would be free. Would this be a viable option or would I still be legally liable?

Failing the above two options, is there any other way I could profit from the videos, or is there no way to do this.

Thanks for any input! It is much appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">