• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quick Texas LLC Corporate Veil Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Atown512

I have recently organized an LLC for a craft brewery in Texas, and I am about to develop the company website. I was wondering
if the LLC needs to purchase and own both the domain name, and the web hosting account. I purchased the domain name before
the LLC was formed to make sure it didn't get taken. Do I need to transfer ownership to the LLC so that my corporate veil is not
compromised by "co-mingling?"

I have had to pay for a few other things from my personal credit card such as the company logo and a small test brewery to test
recipes on a smaller scale. Do all of these expenses need to be transferred over to the LLC? If so, can I just write up receipts and
"sell" the things I have purchased myself to the brewery LLC?

tranquility

I think you need an accountant to help you. While the corporate veil issue may have some role to play in the questions you ask, that should not be your concern as much as getting the books right for a profitable business. It is far more likely the IRS will care long before someone sues the LLC and tries to pierce because you didn't paper the reality well enough up front.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">